New Perspective Foundation requires all applicants, whether personally affected by a spinal cord injury (individual in need) or on behalf of someone affected by a spinal cord injury, to meet all of the following criteria. If all criteria are not met, the application will not be considered for review.
New Perspective Foundation will pay for airfare, gasoline, and or lodging, depending on available funding and the needs of the applicant. Due to the higher cost of lodging and airfare, any funds the applicant can contribute towards the overall cost are greatly appreciated and we will therefore be able to assist more people.
New Perspective Foundation will contribute payment for (up to) two people per application for an individual in need. Each application will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- The individual in need must be currently hospitalized due to a spinal cord injury.
- The individual in need must be six months post-injury or less.
- The individual in need must be hospitalized in Florida, Georgia, or Ohio, and/or a resident of Florida, Georgia, or Ohio. If the individual in need is a Florida or Ohio resident, or is currently hospitalized in Florida, Georgia, or Ohio, his or her family/friends requiring financial assistance for travel accommodations do not need to be Florida, Georgia, or Ohio residents.
- If the individual in need is not a resident of Florida,Georgia, or Ohio, those applying for financial assistance must be Florida, Georgia, or Ohio residents.
- The family/friends who will be traveling to visit the individual in need must live at least 100 miles from the hospital in which he or she is currently a patient.
- The family/friends who will be traveling to visit the individual in need must live in the continental US and be legal US citizens.
- The applicant must provide medical records of the individual in need to verify hospitalization due to spinal cord injury.
- The applicant must provide proof of relationship to individual in need.
- The applicant and or individual in need agrees to provide New Perspective Foundation with appropriate documentation/proof that all granted funds were used appropriately and according to New Perspective Foundation's requirements and policies.
- The applicant and or the individual in need grants indefinite and perpetual permission to New Perspective Foundation to use their names and pictures on its website, social media, and other marketing materials.
Disclaimer: New Perspective Foundation reserves the right to change or alter these requirements at any time.